Victoria, BC - The Island View Beach Regional Park campground, with its long, sandy beach and expansive views, opens for the season on the May long weekend, May 20, to the September long weekend, September 5, 2011.
The self-contained campground has 18 beach front RV sites, five treed tent trailer sites and 24 treed tent sites and operates on a first-come, first-served basis with onsite registration. The campground is family-friendly and affordable, at $15/night for tenting and $20/night for RVs payable by cash only.
Island View Beach Regional Park is a 52-hectare nature conservation area on the eastern shore of the Saanich Peninsula of the Cordova Shore. It features:
- Self-contained RV and tent campground in the heart of the park
- Long, sandy beach for exploring, picnicking, swimming, kayaking and wind surfing
- Beach, dune, wetland, and shrub ecosystems
- Premiere bird watching with more than 100 species of resident and migratory birds
- Panoramic seascape views of Haro Strait, James Island and Mount Baker
- Accessible loop trail offers an easy and scenic walk
- Free guided interpretive nature programs
- Nearby to Lochside Regional Trail, part of a world-class network of multi-use trails
The campground is conveniently located 21 km from downtown Victoria, 12 km from the airport and 17 km from Swartz Bay ferry terminal. It’s also an easy bike ride on the Lochside Regional Trail from the ferry terminal.
For more information, visit CRD Parks .
Island View Parks Brochure
-30- For further information, please contact:
Laurie Sthamann, Communications Coordinator
CRD Regional Parks
Tel: 250.360.3332 | cell: 250.889.8030