Missing a Pet?
The CRD Animal Shelter provides shelter for lost or abandoned animals with care, and makes every effort to reunite missing animals with their families.
If you are missing your animal, contact us immediately and we will endeavour to help you find your lost pet.
Found Animal Policy
Found animals are held for 72 hours under the CRD Animal Control and Impounding Bylaw No. 1, 1986, before being put up for adoption. If you do not claim your animal within this time frame, your animal may be adopted out.
The CRD cannot be held liable for the adoption of animals after the 72 hour period.
Found pets are listed here. You can also find photos and information on lost animals on our Facebook page.
- DSH Black and white cat neutered male found Gordon Head area. Senior cat
- DLH Tortoiseshell cat older female found in Sooke
- DSH Black neutered male found Luxton area
- DSH Black kitten male found Central Saanich
- DMH Grey and White geriatric cat with Cobble Hill tattoo Found on Sooke Rd Langford/Metchosin border.
This page is regularly updated as we acquire new animals. If you recognize your pet described here, please contact us immediately.
If you do not see a description that matches your pet, please ensure to contact the Shelter as we try to update as often as possible but we have animals coming in every day. You can also follow us on Facebook to see animals coming into the shelter.
Also be sure to check Used Victoria or Victoria Lost Pets.
If you reside in Victoria, Oak Bay or Esquimalt contact Victoria Animal Control at 250.414.0233 or email us.