Every four years the Capital Regional District conducts local general elections to elect a Director to represent each of our three Electoral Areas. The next local general election will be on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
At any time, the CRD may also be conducting other voting, including Alternative Approval Process or Referendum. Information on these opportunities will be available here as they arise.
The CRD has 3 Electoral Areas and holds elections for the following positions:
- Director Juan de Fuca Electoral Area (East Sooke, Malahat, Otter Point, Port Renfrew, Shirley/Jordan River, Willis Point)
- Director Salt Spring Island Electoral Area
- Director Southern Gulf Islands Electoral Area (Galiano, Mayne, North Pender, Piers, Saturna, South Pender)
The CRD also conducts elections on behalf of the Islands Trust for the following positions:
- Local Trustee Galiano Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Mayne Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee North Pender Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee South Pender Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Salt Spring Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Saturna Island Local Trust Area
To see the results of the Islands Trust elections, go to the Islands Trust website.
List of Electors, Elector Registration & Qualifications
The CRD maintains a list of Non-Resident Property Electors for the Juan de Fuca, Salt Spring Island and Southern Gulf Islands Electoral Areas. The Provincial Voters List is used for Resident Electors.