Community parks and trails belong to you. Regulations exist so that residents and visitors can enjoy and appreciate these areas safely.
Non-motorized cyclists and horseback riders are welcome on PARC trails, unless otherwise posted. Please share the trail, pass with care and control your speed.
Please respect our neighbours by staying on the trails and by observing park boundaries.
These trails are day-use only. No overnight camping is permitted.
Respect the natural state of our trails, and take your garbage with you.
Dogs are welcome, but please keep them under control or on leash; and please clean up after them.
The following are prohibited, under our Parks Bylaw:
- removal of any natural material, including plants
- disturbance or removal of any wildlife
- camping or open fires
- alcohol consumption
- motorized vehicles
- firearms and hunting
As natural and man-made hazards may exist, caution is advised.
Dogs are welcome on trails within the PARC system. Our trails are not off-leash areas, but have a ‘Leash Smart’ common sense approach to your walking with your dog.
‘Leash Smart’ practices ask that dog guardians:
- Keep dogs in sight and under voice control
- Leash dogs at all trail heads, intersections and when approaching others or wildlife
- Control your dog to avoid conflict with wildlife, people or other dogs. If your dog does not always return when called, then please keep it on a leash.
- Do not let your dog run off the trail, dig or chase wildlife.
- Bring your plastic bags to pick up after your dog, and take them with you to dispose of.
Salt Spring Islanders love their dogs, and dogs keep us walking and healthy.