This information applies to customers living in the West Shore Communities of Colwood, Langford, Metchosin, District of Highlands, View Royal, Sooke and East Sooke.

All law firms and notaries are now requested to submit their request for information regarding a transfer of ownership in writing using the Utility Adjustment Form provided via the link below. This form provides a record for your office as well as your client outlining the information and calculation used for the transfer of property ownership.

Please note we will no longer provide verbal adjustments.

When representing either the buyer or seller, please ensure you submit a completed Utility Adjustment Form (*Please note that the form may not be fillable in Firefox 19.0 and higher): Water meters are read and billed every two months. The water accounts are tied to the property similar to property taxes and must be adjusted through the Statement of Adjustments. Water accounts in arrears at year end will get transferred to the property owner’s real property taxes and collected as taxes in arrears.

Upon receipt of the form, CRD utility billing staff will:
  • review the account and identify outstanding balances,
  • calculate the estimated adjustment (based on prior year’s consumption) to the property transfer date/or,
  • issue a special meter read (if requested, fee applies**) to be performed and calculate the water amount due on the property transfer date, and
  • email (preferred) or fax the requested information back to your office. We will make our best effort to respond to the information within 2 business days.
**Should the purchaser or vendor not wish to have the water account estimated, an actual meter read can be done on the property transfer date for a fee of fifty dollars ($50). Please note we will require three (3) business days notice.

You can:
  • Fill out the online form which will email directly to waterbilling staff by clicking on the email button located on the top right corner of the form (preferred option)
  • Fill out the online form, print via the print button located on the top right hand corner of the form and fax to 250.474.4012
Purchasers and Vendors are still requested to contact our office to verify information and set up or finalize their water account.