Dogs in the CRD
It is the responsibility of dog owners to be aware of and follow animal regulations in the CRD. Failure to do so may result in fines, impounding, or other penalties. Bylaws vary by municipality - please see Bylaws by Area for complete bylaw information.
- Your dog must not "run at large" or be off your property unattended
- Have your dog under effective control at all times
- Do not leave your dog tied or unattended on public property
- If your dog's barking causes a disturbance, you may be fined
- Dogs are not allowed on the following beaches from June 1 to September 15:
- Aylard Farm
- Glenlake Park
- Langford Park
- Vesuvius Bay
- Bader Beach
- Witty Beach
June 1st to August 31st dogs are banned from Gonzales Beach.
Dogs are banned from Ross Bay Cemetery year round.