Not everyone can be a pet owner, but everyone can be a pet lover. The CRD Animal Shelter always needs energetic, caring volunteers who want to spend time with the animals and help take care of them.
The CRD Animal Shelter is a pro-adoption facility, its home to many animals who are awaiting a “forever home”. We hope for most the wait is a short one but for some that isn’t always true. Any time and affection you can spare would be greatly appreciated, become a Volunteer today!
How do I become a volunteer?
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be considered for a volunteer position.
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Complete and submit a Shelter Volunteer Application
- Participate in an interview conducted by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Provide requested background information
- Have no prior Animal Cruelty convictions
- Not have any conflict of interest with any activity or program of the Capital Regional District, whether personal, philosophical, or financial
Submit your application to the CRD Animal Shelter in person, by email or by fax: 250.658.5761.
Please read the Volunteer Manual prior to applying.