Not everyone can be a pet owner, but everyone can be a pet lover. The CRD Animal Shelter always needs energetic, caring volunteers who want to spend time with the animals and help take care of them.
The CRD Animal Shelter is a pro-adoption facility, its home to many animals who are awaiting a “forever home”. We hope for most the wait is a short one but for some that isn’t always true. Any time and affection you can spare would be greatly appreciated, become a Volunteer today!
How do I become a volunteer?
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be considered for a volunteer position.
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Complete and submit a Shelter Volunteer Application
- Participate in an interview conducted by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Provide requested background information
- Have no prior Animal Cruelty convictions
- Not have any conflict of interest with any activity or program of the Capital Regional District, whether personal, philosophical, or financial
Please read the Volunteer Manual prior to applying.