Animal Control

For Animal Control complaints or assistance please contact the appropriate agency. Areas that they cover are listed below the agency name.

CRD Animal Care Services

Colwood, Langford, Sooke, JDF EA, Metchosin, Highlands, View Royal, Sidney, North Saanich, Central Saanich, Salt Spring Island and Southern Gulf Islands

Office: 250.478.0624
TF: 800.665.7899
Salt Spring/Southern Gulf Islands:                      800.665.7899 or 250.478.0624
After Hours (6pm - 8am)*: 800.884.0919

*For emergencies between 6pm to 8am please call our after hours answering service as listed above.

Saanich Saanich Pound 250.475.4321
Victoria, Esquimalt, Oak Bay Victoria Animal Control 250.414.0233
Duncan, North Cowichan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Campbell River Coast Animal Services 1.888.754.1397
Shawnigan Lake, Cowichan Lake SPCA Cowichan and District 250.746.4646


CRD Bylaw & Animal Care Services enforce the Animal Regulation and Impounding Bylaw for each Municipality we cover. These bylaws do not provide regulations regarding Wildlife or conflicts with Wildlife.

To report a conflict with Wildlife contact BC Conservation at 1.877.952.7277

To report injured Wildlife contact BCSPCA Wild Arc at 250.478.9453


CRD Animal Control and BC Conservation Officers do not deal with Raccoons, if you have an issue with Raccoons and want them removed from your property please contact a Pest Control company or contact BC Conservation for a list of trappers.

Marine Mammals

To report issues and conflicts with Marine Mammals please contact the Department of Fisheries and Oceans at 1.800.465.4336.

Deceased Animals

Deceased animals on private property are to be removed by the property owner.

For domestic and wildlife pick-up from roads, highways, streets:

Central Saanich CRD Animal Control 250.478.0624
Colwood Public Works Yard 250.474.4133
Esquimalt Esquimalt Town Hall 250.414.7108
Highlands Victoria Contracting 250.474.2688
Langford Municipality 250.391.3162
Sooke Rd & Highway only EMCON 866.353.3136
Metchosin Municipality 250.474.3167
North Saanich CRD Animal Control 250.478.0624
Oak Bay Public Works 250.598.4501
Saanich Saanich Animal Control 250.475.4321
Sidney CRD Animal Control 250.478.0624
Sooke EMCON 866.353.3136
Victoria Public Works 250.361.0400
View Royal Victoria Contracting 250.474.2688
Pat Bay Highway EMCON 866.353.3136
JDF Electoral Area EMCON 866.353.3136
Pender Island EMCON 866.353.3136

Animal Shelter Hours & Location

5401 Pat Bay Highway (Three driveways past the Weigh Scale across from Elk Lake)

Viewing times

1 - 4pm Monday to Saturday

Regular Hours

9:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Saturday

Tel: 250.658.5745