Capital Region Housing Corporation
The CRHC develops, manages and promotes affordable housing for low and moderate income families, seniors and persons living with disabilities.
- Manages 45 townhouse and apartment communities/1286 units of affordable housing
- Responsible for the asset management of the 45 properties
- Responsible for financial management of the portfolio
- Provides property management support for 127 units on behalf of non-profit organizations
- Works with other non-profits and sector organizations to promote social and affordable housing in the capital region.
Housing Planning and Programs
Housing Planning and Programs was established in July 2007 to facilitate the development of affordable housing through collaboration with other levels of government, community and housing agencies private development industry and other funders in accordance with the Regional Housing Affordability Strategy (RHAS).
- In partnership with BC Housing and the Province of BC, the CRD is implementing the Regional Housing First Program, which will create at least 268 supported and affordable housing units at provincial shelter rates and at least 175 housing units affordable to low and moderate income households in the region.
- Is responsible for the Regional Housing Affordability Strategy (RHAS) as identified by the Regional Growth Strategy
- Administers the Regional Housing Trust Fund (RHTF), which has 11 municipalities and two electoral areas participating in raising funds to assist in the development of new affordable housing units
- Administers the Homelessness Partnering Strategy program on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada, which continues until March 31, 2019
- Provides expertise on affordable housing policy, planning and development to municipalities, electoral areas and with the community and housing agencies, private development industry and other funders.