The applicant must be either:
- a society registered in BC from a self-identified community; or,
- an individual or group from a self-identified community who are not a society but who are leading a project and have found a society willing to act as, what we call, a Sponsor Society.
Examples of potential self-identified communities include, but are not limited to:
- Racialized persons or people of colour
- Those living with challenges related to a physical disability
- Those living with challenges related to a mental illness
- Other (you tell us using the self-identification form in the application package)
Potential Sponsor Societies include:
- Non-arts mandated societies.
- Arts-mandated societies, including those meeting the eligibility for the CRD Project Grant program; such organizations may apply concurrently as a Sponsor Society to the Equity Grant program and to the Project Grant program.
Organizations receiving support through the CRD Operating Grant program are not eligible to be a Sponsor Society under this program.
Organizations in arrears with any local authority, are bankrupt, seeking creditor protection, are insolvent, or under court supervision of any kind are not eligible to apply.