The CRD is a diverse organization united by a common purpose: to serve the public good and build a vibrant, livable and sustainable region. The work we do has a lasting impact and our employees are key to our success.
Our cultural traits reflect what we value as an organization. They were developed through an employee-driven process and are the behaviours and mindset we strive to demonstrate and apply throughout our work.
Walk the Talk
We are actively working to shape our region at the community level and as an employer. For example, we are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the work we do as well as our efforts to reduce our footprint as an organization.
We are also proud of the many ways our employees contribute to their community inside and outside of work. Our employees are actively involved with and assist organizations such as the United Way, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Mustard Seed.
We reward our employees with competitive wages and benefits that make a difference to for you and your family.
Here is an overview of the types of benefits we offer*:
- Basic medical benefits coverage
- Extended health benefits
- Dental benefits
- Short term and long term disability benefits
- Group life insurance
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to participate in a group RRSP
- Generous vacation entitlements
- Twelve statutory holidays annually
- Generous payment in lieu of benefits, entitlements and statutory holidays to auxiliary/casual staff
- Workplace flexibility options to assist in balancing work requirements and personal needs
- Deferred salary plans
- Direct deposit of biweekly pay
- Learning opportunities that allow you to grow and develop in your career and continue to make a difference at work, home and in your community.
* Benefits packages vary based on Union agreement or exempt staff bylaw, and employment status.
These are just some of the awards we have received in recognition of our commitment to an outstanding workplace and service excellence:
- BC Top Employers Award
- Canada’s Greenest Employer Award
- United Way of Greater Victoria Spirit Award - Municipal Challenge Cup (CRD and CUPE 1978)
- Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators – Professional Development Award for the CRD’s Organizational Development Plan
- Planning Institute of BC - Gold Award for Excellence in Planning Practice (City and Urban Areas) for the CRD’s People Power initiative
- BC Water & Waste Association - Outstanding Contribution for a Group or Organization Award
- North American Occupational Safety and Health Week Team Champions Award
- Government Finance Officers Association of BC - Financial Innovation Award for the Capital Regional Hospital District’s Summit at Quadra Village project
Great Place to Live and Play
The capital region is known for its beauty, climate, recreational activities and lifestyle. The awe of the Pacific Ocean, old growth rainforests, outdoor adventure, world-class culinary experiences and a vibrant arts and culture scene attract newcomers to our growing and vibrant region.
For more information check out: