CAPITAL REGIONAL DISTRICT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
SEAPARC FITNESS EQUIPMENT RFP 19-2000
The SEAPARC Leisure Complex expansion will address the need for a fitness gym facility and additional multi-purpose space, as current space is at capacity. This addition will enhance the diversity of programs and recreation opportunities the complex offers with its current ice arena (built in 1976), two pools, one multi-purpose room and a meeting room (built in 2000).
The expansion will increase the 4,739 square metre (51,020 square foot) footprint of the complex by 10%, or approximately 478 square metres (5,150 square feet). The addition includes a 144 square metre (1,550 square foot) Movement Studio and Multi-Use Room and a 334 square metre (3,600 square foot) Fitness Gym.
Primary User focus
SEAPARC’s intention is to provide fitness equipment and services to meet the needs of a broad population of users. This focus includes a wide range of ages included seniors and youth.
Fitness Equipment Scope
The proposal should include careful consideration and planning for:
Closing Date and Required Copies of the Proposal
- Total Value - number of items for total budget
- Equipment Selection and Layout- balanced approach to service and variety of equipment to meet a broad range of users including youth and seniors
- Equipment Warranty – total value, terms, labour, parts availability and proximity to CRD, and stated repair turnaround time
- References - Related installations and qualifications of the equipment and products in similar facilities on Southern Vancouver Island
- Quality – Commercial grade equipment with robust finish and build quality
- Technology- Standard packages with cost of optional equipment or packages
- Innovations – New emergent equipment and products. Environmental considerations
- Installation – Any associated costs/benefits and/or limits to timing
- Delivery – Any associated costs/benefits and/or limits to timing
Two complete copies of each proposal must be received by Friday, July 26th, 2019 at 2:00 PM at:
SEAPARC Leisure Complex
2168 Phillips Rd,
Sooke BC V9Z 0Y3
PO Box 421Sooke, BC V9Z1H4
Attention: Mr. Steve Knoke
Proposals sent by E-mail will not be accepted.
Proposals and their envelopes should be clearly marked with the name and address of the proponent and the Request for Proposal title.
A proponents’ meeting will be held at 11 A.M. Friday, July 12th, 2019 at:
SEAPARC Leisure Complex
2168 Phillips Rd
Sooke, BC Phone: 250/642-8009
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
CRD Project Manager
Steve Knoke, SEAPARC Manager
Telephone: 250 642 8009
Fax: 250 642 4710
Notification of Changes to the RFP
All proponents of this Request for Proposal will confirm their interest in submitting a proposal in writing to SEAPARC, Attention: Steve Knoke at email@example.com.