Grow a Native Plant Garden
CRD Parks & Environmental Services Water Conservation in partnership with Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary offer residents in the Capital Region connected to the Sooke Lake Reservoir water supply this free three hour introductory workshop on gardening with drought-resistant native plants:
- Native plant identification & their cultural history
- Review the benefits of native plants
- Teach how and where to grow native plants
- Offer tips for reducing or eliminating lawns
- Inform how to create natural habitats, such as meadows, thickets, woodlands
- Discuss how to attract wildlife and beneficial insects to the garden
- Includes a tour of the native plant gardens
- Overview of CRD Water Conservation programs
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and pre-registration is required. Please call Swan Lake at 250.479.0211 to register or stop by in person at the Swan Lake Nature House to reserve your spot. Please no drop-ins. Workshops are held in the Fall and Winter.
Please check back for Winter 2018 workshop dates.