Grow a Native Plant Garden
CRD Parks & Environmental Services Water Conservation in partnership with Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary offer residents in the Capital Region connected to the Sooke Lake Reservoir water supply this free three hour introductory workshop on gardening with drought-resistant native plants:
- Native plant identification
- Review the benefits of native plants
- Teach how and where to grow native plants
- Offer tips for reducing or eliminating lawns
- Inform how to create natural habitats, such as meadows, thickets, woodlands
- Discuss how to attract wildlife and beneficial insects to the garden
- Includes a tour of the native plant gardens
- Overview of CRD Water Conservation programs
Instructor: Patricia Johnston, Native Plant & Waterwise consultant.
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and pre-registration is required. Please call Swan Lake at 250.479.0211 to register. Workshops are held in the Fall and Winter.
Winter/Spring 2017 Workshops: