Available now in the region's libraries!
The Climate Action To-Go Kits have been updated with new tools and activities to help you take action on climate change at home.
Each kit contains resources and activities for you to:
- Measure household appliance electricity use with a Kill-A-Watt meter
- Discover air leaks in walls and around windows using a thermal leak detector
- Measure your home’s optimal lighting using a digital illuminance light meter
- Tune up a bike or track steps while learning about local active transportation routes
- Test showerhead water efficiency
- Learn about expected climate changes while preparing for both adaptation and emergencies
- And more
Across the region we consume enough energy and fossil fuels to emit more than 1.5 million tonnes of GHG emissions each year. Our transportation, building lighting and heating, and waste generation choices have a big impact on the environment and on our wallets. While we know it will take a huge shift in behaviour, technology and policy to achieve substantial GHG reductions, there are many actions we can do at home to improve efficiency to reduce our impact and to prepare for future climates.
Borrow a Kit Today!
The kits are available through the Greater Victoria Public Library, Salt Spring Island Public Library, Vancouver Island Regional Library and Camosun College Library.
- BC Home Energy Coach provides building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home. They are available to answer your questions at all stages of your home energy improvement project. They provide easy to navigate self-serve tools, including an incentives database and resources to learn about energy efficiency upgrades and services. Funded by the Province of BC’s Innovative Clean Energy Fund.
- Certified Energy Advisors can give you expert, independent, and customized advice about improving your home's energy efficiency through energy saving upgrades.
- The Capital Regional District (CRD) offers a number of sustainability related services, programs and initiatives. Below is a selection of some of these areas; each offer more resources and links to help you take action at home: