Electrical, gas and sewage disposal work require separate permits and inspections. Land use planning bylaws vary from area to area. Contact the appropriate agencies listed below.

Electrical and Gas Permit

Technical Safety BC
Tel 250.952.4444

Evidence of Access Permits, Culverts, Bridges and Roads

Ministry of Transportation
Tel 250.952.4515

Fire Protection Areas

Galiano North 250.539.5453
Galiano South 250.539.2131
Malahat 250.743.2103
Mayne 250.539.5156
Otter Point 250.642.6211
Pender Island 250.629.3321
Piers Island 250.655.3029
Port Renfrew 250.647.0101
Salt Spring Island 250.537.2531
Saturna Island 250.537.7179
Shirley 250.646.2107
Willis Point 250.213.5606

Homeowner Protection Office

Branch of BC Housing
Tel 604.646.7050 or 1.800.407.7757

House Addressing

Addresses for properties located in the Southern Gulf Islands, excluding Pender, can be obtained from your local fire department. For properties located in the Juan de Fuca area, Pender Island or Salt Spring Island you can contact the Building Inspection office in your area.

Land Use and Zoning

Juan de Fuca Area (including Willis Point, Malahat, East Sooke, Otter Point, Jordan River Shirley, Port Renfrew and Juan de Fuca Rural Resource Lands)
Juan de Fuca Electoral Area Planning Services 
Tel 250.642.1500

Salt Spring Island
Islands Trust
Tel 250.537.9144

Southern Gulf Islands
Islands Trust
Tel 250.405.5151

Property Registration Easements, Right of Ways or Restrictive Covenants

Victoria Land Title Office Tel 1.877.577.5872

Sewage Disposal Permits and Drinking Water Verification

Island Health 
WorkSafe BC