Oil slick in Bowker Creek.If you detect a problem with Bowker Creek or another waterway, you can report it to the authorities. In addition, you may also wish to notify the Bowker Creek Initiative Coordinator via email.

Who to Contact to Report a Spill or Bylaw Infractions

Spill originating from land Provincial Emergency Program (PEP) 1.800.663.3456 24-hour. Work with Coast Guard and other agencies
Spills originating on the water Coast Guard 1.800.889.8852 24-hour. Work with PEP and other agencies
Spill Saanich 250.475.5596 Monday - Friday - Municipalities have a pollution control officer to assist with spills
Victoria 250.361.0314
Oak Bay 250.598.3311
Sewage Overflow and stormwater discharge issues Capital Regional District 250.360.3256 Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Destruction or alteration of fish habitat Victoria Conservation and Protection 250.363.3250 Fisheries and Oceans Canada Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sport and commercial fishing violations Observe, Record, Report Line 1.800.456.4336 24-hour
Wildlife harassment Ministry of Environment 1.877.952.7277 24-hour
Disturbing migratory birds Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment Canada 1.877.768.6904 24-hour
Dead or living marine mammals Marine Mammal Rescue Centre (Vancouver Aquarium) 1.604.258.7325 Limited hours. 24/7 pager number on voicemail
Municipal Bylaw infractions, such as:
  • zoning
  • building and development
  • tree protection
  • invasive species
  • noise
Saanich 250.475.5456 Daytime. No Weekends

Register infractions in writing or online

Victoria 250.361.0215
Oak Bay 250.598.3311
Crime related Police Emergency: 911 All municipalities
Non-Emergency: 250.995.7654 Victoria and Esquimalt
250.475.4321 Saanich
250.592.2424 Oak Bay
Speeding Watercraft Police see above  
Harbour Master 250.363.3578
Boating Accident, Search and Rescue Joint Rescue Coordination Centre 1.800.567.5111 24-hour
Cell: *311
Encountering or disturbing cultural sites BC Archaeology Branch 250.952.5021 cultural sites are protected by law