Holiday Packaging and Paper
- Paper wrap (with bows and ribbons removed), greeting cards and gift bags go into your mixed paper
- Shipping and corrugated cardboard boxes should be flattened and large boxes cut down
- Eggnog cartons, plastic and foil trays, paper cups and cookie tins can go with your mixed containers
- Plastic overwrap, crinkly bags, foam and more can be returned at participating Recycle BC depots (including Hartland Depot) — see the full list of what’s accepted at Recycle BC
Do you have refundable beverage containers? Did your festive light string quit working? Holding on to appliances that no longer work? What about foam packaging?
These items and many more can be dropped off free of charge at many locations in the region. Visit myrecyclopedia.ca to find out where and what’s accepted.
Curbside Blue Box Recycling
- Winter Weather – Hold on to your recyclables until your next collection day should service be affected by unsafe road conditions.
- Get Reminders – Never miss a collection day by signing up for reminders and service alerts Blue Box Schedules & App
Christmas Tree Chipping
Wondering what to do with your old Christmas tree after the holidays? Check back mid-December for a list of local tree chipping events taking place after Christmas.
Year round drop-off locations listed in myrecyclopedia.ca.