doglicense-tallCRD Bylaw and Animal Care Services manages dog licensing for Colwood, Langford, Metchosin, Highlands, Sooke, Juan de Fuca Electoral Area, Salt Spring Island, Southern Gulf Islands and View Royal.

Residents of larger municipalities in the CRD Bylaw Enforcement area can purchase a license at their municipal hall. Members of smaller municipalities and Electoral Areas obtain them from vendors (listed below), or Bylaw Services. All municipalities and Electoral Areas can purchase licenses at the CRD Animal Shelter.

Where do I purchase a CRD Dog Licence?

Due to COVID-19 most of our CRD Dog Licence vendors are closed to the public or have limited hours. Please check with the vendor.

You can renew, replace or purchase your CRD Permanent tag in the following ways:

  • Online using online banking and the account number on your invoice (starts with 8)
  • By phone (250.478.0624 or 1.800.665.7899 extension 0) with a credit card
  • By email
  • CRD Animal Care office, 212-2780 Veterans Memorial Parkway (Now Open)

We will mail you your tag(s) free of charge.

Our staff are in the office during regular business hours to take your calls.

Purchase a licence at your municipal hall if you live in:

  • Sidney
  • Victoria
  • Oak Bay
  • Saanich
  • Central Saanich
  • North Saanich
  • Esquimalt
  • View Royal
  • Colwood
  • Metchosin


Please contact CRD Bylaw and Animal Care Services.

Highlands, Juan de Fuca Electoral Area, Langford, Metchosin, Sooke, Colwood, View Royal, Esquimalt, Sidney, North Saanich, Central Saanich please call:

Tel: 250.478.0624

Salt Spring Island and Southern Gulf Islands please call:

Tel: 1.800.665.7899

Or reach us from any area by email.