In the coming months we will develop a comprehensive stakeholder and community engagement program to share details of the Wastewater Treatment Project. The engagement program will address the wastewater treatment plant and surrounding Esquimalt neighbourhoods and Department of National Defence community; the conveyance system (including pump stations at Clover Point and the attenuation tank) and neighbourhoods in Victoria, Saanich and the Juan de Fuca Electoral Area; and the residuals treatment plant at Hartland landfill. The development of that program will include:
- Meeting with local governments, First Nations, the Department of National Defense and stakeholders to discuss the Project
- Providing project updates to the CRD Board and Core Area Liquid Waste Management Committee
- Securing communications and community engagement resources
- Seeking input from local governments and other stakeholders to develop a program
- Engaging with members of the community to inform the implementation of the plan
Amendment 11 of the Core Area Liquid Waste Management Plan (CALWMP) was developed with public input in mind. To learn more about this plan please go to the Current Plan page. If you are interested in learning more about the public input which helped inform the current plan please see the Wastewater Document Archive for all documents relating to the 2014-2016 public consultation.