|Estimated Start Date
|Estimated End Date
Located on the Mount View Heights site, the Westview apartment complex will offer 73 affordable units for seniors, adults with disabilities, working singles and families. The site is adjacent to local and regional transit, the Galloping Goose Regional Trail, Mount View Heights Neighbourhood Park and Uptown Centre.
- Four-storey units
- Underground parking
- Preservation of existing Garry Oak trees & rock outcrop
- Energy conservation incentives through individual water & electricity metering
- Targeting LEED® Canada for Homes Gold certification (or equivalent)
- Internal courtyard & gardening opportunities
- Rain gardens for stormwater control
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on September 5, 2018. Speakers included Lana Popham, MLA for Saanich South, Steve Price, CRD Board Chair and David Screech, CRHC Chair.
On November 20, 2017, the Capital Region Housing Corporation (CRHC) and members of the design team presented the Westview project proposal to the Saanich Committee of the Whole. The motion was put forward to approve and issue the development permit for the project. The design team has since advanced the project to the design and working drawings phase of the project.