|Estimated Start Date
|Estimated End Date
The Arena B floor at Panorama Recreation approached the end of its service and required replacement. Moore Wilson Architects was retained to carry out the design work. Construction commenced on April 3rd, and the arena reopened Friday, October 6th.
This 2.2 million dollar project, which included a $500,000 Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Grant, went extremely well. Panorama Recreation is excited to showcase its many new features and strives to be a sustainable facility and provide the best quality and experience for our arena patrons.
New features include:
- More energy efficient cooling system in the arena floor
- Expanded player's boxes
- Realignment of player box gates on the other side of the blue line
- Relocated and enhanced penalty and timekeeper's box (larger size, heated, power source, data ports, internet, PA system)
- Removable panels for improved access and safety for special events/trade shows
- Aluminum frames and arena glass will allow for flexing on player impact for added safety
- 6'-8'high glass around entire rink, from present 4' glass
- New Arena netting to full height of facility. Nets to be raised for hockey season and lowered for lacrosse seasons. All high impact areas (corners and Goal areas will be netted for spectator safety)
- New more efficient radiant heaters to replace existing units presently installed.
- Better exiting for special events.
- New rubber flooring around the arena walkways.
- Raised platform behind benches for coaches.