|Estimated Start Date
|Estimated End Date
The Arena B floor was approaching the end of its service and required replacement. Moore Wilson Architects was retained to carry out the design work. Construction commenced on April 3, 2017, and will be completed on October 5th and reopen on October 6th.
New features include:
- More energy efficient cooling system in the arena floor
- Expanded player's boxes
- Realignment of player box gates on the other side of the blue line
- Relocated and enhanced penalty and timekeeper's box (larger size, heated, power source, data ports, internet, PA system)
- Removable panels for improved access and safety for special events/trade shows
- Aluminum frames and arena glass will allow for flexing on player impact for added safety
- 6' high glass around entire rink, from present 4' glass
- New Arena netting to full height of facility. Nets to be raised for hockey season and lowered for lacrosse seasons. All high impact areas (corners and Goal areas will be netted for spectator safety)
- New more efficient radiant heaters to replace existing units presently installed.
- Better exiting for special events.
- New rubber flooring around the arena walkways.
- Raised platform behind benches for coaches.