A Site of Nature
Island View Beach Regional Park offers a beautiful beach front RV and tent campground on the Saanich Peninsula. It is conveniently located near the ferry, airport and downtown Victoria.
The Island View Beach Regional Park campground operates seasonally from the Victoria Day long weekend in May to the Labour Day long weekend in September.
Number of sites
The campground has 18 beach front RV sites, 5 treed tent trailer sites and 24 treed tent sites.
Facilities and Services
All the camping sites are self-contained. The campground offers:
- waterfront views
- public garbage bins
- drinking water station
- picnic areas
- group fire ring
The campground does not provide hydro, dumping station, showers or individual fire pits.
The campground operates on a first-come first-served basis.
Length of stay
The maximum length of stay is 14 days per calendar year.
$15/night tenting; $20/night RV's; $10 additional vehicle. Payable by cash only.
Campground and Park Rules
- Quiet time 10pm to 7am
- Checkout by 11am
- Fires permitted in designated area only
- Dogs on-leash in campground; from June 1 to September 15, dogs must be on leash when passing through designated beach and picnic areas and are not allowed to stay in these areas
- Pick up your dog’s droppings
- Alcohol not permitted outside campsite
- Leave no trace and carry out litter
- Smoking is prohibited
The campground is located in the heart of Island View Regional Park which offers:
- panorama of land and seascapes
- long, sandy beach for exploring, picnicking and swimming
- walking trails
- environmental interpretive nature programs
These lands and associated nearshore waters are of great cultural and spiritual significance to the Tsawout people. They also contain endangered and ecologically significant sand dune, salt marsh, Garry oak, and eelgrass ecosystems, as well as a very high concentration of plant, invertebrate, and vertebrate species at risk. The shoreline is an important bird area. Please stay on the trails and keep your dog on a leash to help protect these sensitive areas.
How to Get There
- 12 km from the Victoria Airport
- 17km from Swartz Bay Ferry terminal
- 20km from downtown Victoria
- Easy bike commute from the Lochside Regional Trail
Turn right on Island View Road off of Pat Bay Highway #17, then left on Homathko Road, which leads to the park entrance. Allow approximately 30 minutes driving time from Victoria.