1.381 Regional Emergency Program Support Advisory Commission
The responsibility of the Local Government Emergency Program Support Advisory Commission (LGEPAC) includes the following activities:
- provide a copy of the annual updates to their local emergency plans to the CRD,
- share information on local programs that may be of benefit to other members,
- forward information on upcoming events, training & exercises to be included in a regional emergency event calendar,
- advise the CRD Regional Emergency Coordinators Advisory Commission on relevant program developments/initiatives,
- develop consistent protocols for communications & information management,
- work with all members to provide a consistent approach to emergency management in the region,
- provide advisory recommendations on the direction of the Regional Service for Emergency Program Support and initiatives that may be undertaken to provide consistency and coordination among regional programs, and
- provide updates on the progress of response capacity in a multi-jurisdictional event back to local councils and the Board.
After steadily increasing the CRD's emergency response activities within the region, the CRD Board adopted Bylaw No. 3531 " Regional Service for Emergency Program Support Advisory Commission Bylaw No. 1, 2008" on October 8, 2008.
LGEPAC membership includes representatives from each of the CRD municipalities and electoral areas and the Emergency Manager appointed by the CRD Board. An Emergency Management BC representative attends all meetings in order to maintain a strong link between the local government programs and the Province. The LGEPAC meets monthly to increase communication and cooperation among local government emergency programs with the purpose of strengthening capacity for responding to a multi-jurisdictional emergency event. The CRD Planning & Protective Services department provides administrative support.
Each commissioner is supported and funded by the organization they represent.