Victoria, BC – New curbside recycling schedules, effective from May 2015 to April 2017, are now available.
Due to residential growth in the western communities, several routes have been adjusted to allow the collection contractor to better service the region. Approximately 3,000 homes are impacted by route changes and these residents have been notified by mail.
To access the new recycling schedule:
- Visit www.crd.bc.ca/bluebox to download an electronic copy; sign up for text, email, twitter or phone reminders; or access the schedule through our new app.
- Request a printed schedule be mailed to you by completing a request form online or by calling the CRD Hotline at 250.360.3030 or emailing email@example.com.
Schedules are accompanied with a preparation reminder guide. Program reminders include:
- Ensure that glass bottles and jars are placed in a separate CRD blue box or similar sized container. Remove lids and place lids with your blue box containing mixed containers. Glass will only be collected curbside if it is prepared separately from other mixed containers.
- Plastic bags and styrofoam are NOT accepted for recycling at the curb but are accepted at designated depots.
- Return refundable beverage containers to depot for deposit refund.
- There is no limit to the amount of CRD blue boxes or CRD blue bags that can be left at the curb (use of other containers permitted provided they are not larger in volume than 47 litres or 12 gallons and are used in conjunction with a CRD blue box or blue bag).
- CRD blue boxes or blue bags will be left behind if they contain unaccepted items or are not properly sorted; drivers will “tag” contaminated blue boxes and blue bags so that residents can remove non-recyclables for the next collection day.
For more information on the Blue Box Program, visit www.crd.bc.ca/bluebox
For media inquiries, please contact:
Russ Smith, Senior Manager
CRD Environmental Resource Management