Victoria, BC– The Capital Regional District’s (CRD) General Voting Day for local government elections is on Saturday, November 15, 2014. The CRD holds elections for the following positions:
- Director Juan de Fuca Electoral Area (East Sooke, Malahat, Otter Point, Port Renfrew, Shirley/Jordan River, Willis Point)
- Director Salt Spring Island Electoral Area
- Director Southern Gulf Islands Electoral Area (Galiano, Mayne, North Pender, Piers, Saturna, South Pender)
The CRD also conducts elections on behalf of the Islands Trust for the following positions:
- Local Trustee Galiano Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Mayne Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee North Pender Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee South Pender Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Salt Spring Island Local Trust Area
- Local Trustee Saturna Island Local Trust Area
Qualified residents or Non-Resident electors may place their vote on general voting day, Saturday, November 15, 2014, or at the advance voting opportunities on November 5 and 12, 2014. All voting locations are open from 8 am to 8 pm and will be confirmed on the CRD website in the near future.
As well, Mail Ballot Voting is now available to electors who:
- have a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity, or
- expect to be absent from the regional district on general voting day (Saturday, November 15, 2014) and at the times of all advance voting opportunities (Wednesday, November 5 and 12, 2014).
For more information on Mail Ballot Voting and how to apply please visit www.crd.bc.ca/about/how-we-are-governed/elections-other-voting/voting-opportunities-mail-ballot-voting
For all voting opportunities, you must be a qualified Resident or Non-Resident elector.
For more information on the available voting options please visit https://www.crd.bc.ca/about/how-we-are-governed/elections-other-voting
The CRD is a local government that delivers 200+ regional, sub-regional and local services for residents of the region which includes 13 municipalities and three electoral areas within 2370 square kilometres on southern Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Governed by a 24 member Board of Directors, the CRD is working to serve the public, and build a vibrant, livable and sustainable region.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Andy Orr, Senior Manager
CRD Corporate Communications