Below are a few facts and figures about the Capital Regional District (CRD) and the region it serves.
- The CRD is the regional government for 13 municipalities and three electoral areas, serving more than 383,000 citizens.
- The CRD has a skilled workforce of more than 950 employees and works with service contractors and a network of more than 1,700 registered volunteers.
- The CRD owns the Capital Regional Housing Corporation (CRHC), a nonprofit provider of 1,286 affordable housing units for the region.
- The CRD administers the Capital Regional Hospital District (CRHD), which invests in health care infrastructure.
- The CRD commemorated 50 years of shaping the region.
- The CRD invested $40 million in capital projects and the CRHD invested $19.8 million in health capital infrastructure.
- Approximately 4000 people were housed through regional social housing.
- 47.6M m3 of drinking water was delivered through the regional water supply system.
- 1,560 tonnes of segregated glass containers were collected and recycled.
- An average of 100 million litres of wastewater was collected and discharged every day between two sub-regional systems.
- The CRD conducted approximately 30,000 drinking water quality tests.
- Approximately 1,100 regional recreation programs were offered.
- 3,500 environmental samples were collected for analysis.
- 8,528 people visited nature centres.
- $2.3 million of arts funding was distributed to 80 organizations.
- The CRD website had over 2.7 million unique page visits.
- Approximately 4000 emergency preparedness workbooks were distributed.
- The Active & Safe Routes to School project served 7,902 students across 20 schools.