One Region - the Collaboration Effect
June 6, 2018
CRD Arts Champions Summit
11:30am - 1pm Knowledge Café
1pm - 5pm Summit Activities
Facilitator: Inga Petri, MC: Colin Plant, Powered by Pecha Kucha
Baumann Centre: 925 Balmoral Rd, Victoria, BC V8T 1A7, Transit #6
One Region - The Collaboration Effect will bring arts champions together from across the Capital Region to reflect on the cultural moment we create and work in. The event is an opportunity for artists, cultural workers, municipal staff and elected officials to share experiences and connect.
At the summit you will:
- Hear stories from arts champions at the intersection of art, systemic change and collaboration
- Connect with others in the arts community;
- Find out mechanisms for supporting arts practices that make a community impact;
- Provide feedback on the progress of the Arts Implementation Plan; and
- Celebrate the ability of the arts sector to transcend municipal boundaries and, at the same time, foster a unique local arts scene.
All local, participatory program featuring Knowledge Café, powered by Pecha Kucha Talks, facilitated round-tables, complimentary lunch and refreshments and time to socialize.
Knowledge Café with Complimentary Lunch
11:30am: This informal gathering is a chance to meet local arts funders as well as people working in similar roles (facility manager, marketer) or circumstances (rural/urban) as you. Share food and discussion about opportunities and challenges you encounter in your work. Limited seating.
1:15 - 1:40pm: Participant Introductions
Getting to Know Each Other
1:45pm: The Collaboration Effect: Sharing experiences from five local initiatives Powered by Pecha Kucha
- Integrate Arts Festival - Rance Mok
- Pacific Opera Victoria - Rebecca Hass
- Primary Colours / Couleurs Primaires - France Trépanier & Chris Creighton-Kelly
- Theatre Skam - Matthew Payne
- Pacific Peoples' Partnership - April Ingham
2:45pm: CRD Update with Q&A
Opportunity to provide feedback on the progress of the Building Our Future Together Implementation Plan
3:45pm: Topics and hot button issues suggested by participants
4:45pm: Next Steps
Wrap-up and closing
5pm: Networking & Refreshment
Time to talk and reflect
There is no fee for this event but you must pre-register here by June 1 so we can prepare space and catering needs.
When registering please indicate if you would like to attend both the Summit and Knowledge Café. Please indicate any allergies or food sensitivities via email.
UPDATE: Please note - the Knowledge Café has limited seating and has currently reached capacity. however there is room for new registrants in the Summit portion of the day (1-5pm).
We have a waitlist if there are new Summit registrants who are also interested in the attending the Knowledge Café. We will email you confirmation of your registration.